Beautiful skin isn’t always healthy—however healthy skin is always beautiful.
That’s just one of the facts we stand by at Dr.Hauschka Skin Care. You’ll find that our approach to health and beauty is quite different from other skin care lines, and you may well be surprised by some of the facts you discover.eautiful skin isn’t always healthy—however healthy skin is always beautiful.
That’s just one of the facts we stand by at Dr.Hauschka Skin Care. You’ll find that our approach to health and beauty is quite different from other skin care lines, and you may well be surprised by some of the facts you discover.
Why Dr.Hauschka doesn’t recommend night creams:
What Dr.Hauschka recommends:
Why Dr.Hauschka recommends Normalizing Day Oil for oily and acne-prone skin:
- Though it might seem counterintuitive to apply oil to an oily complexion, it’s actually the most logical solution.. The skin knows whether it’s sufficiently protected, producing more of its own oil when skin is dry and less when it’s balanced.
- Drying, soap-based products and oil-free acne treatments can rob the skin of its defenses, leaving it vulnerable and triggering the sebaceous glands to produce even more oil.
- Normalizing Day Oil provides a light, clean layer of pure plant oils and botanical extracts that balance excessive oiliness while helping to soothe and minimize the appearance of blemishes and irritation.
Why Dr.Hauschka recommends a light moisturizer for dry skin:
- If we treat dry skin with rich, heavy creams or oils we effectively trick our skin into believing it’s been producing too much of its own oil. In response it will decrease production, perpetuating the dry skin cycle.
Moisturizing Day Cream is light enough to support balanced oil production, but it also provides enough nurturing moisture to avoid dry skin. Over time, the skin will maintain its natural balance and be better able to fend for itself.
What cleansing should—and shouldn’t—accomplish:
- Cleansing is the foundation of Dr.Hauschka Skin Care. And the reason is simple: it is common knowledge that dirt and impurities can cause breakouts and clog pores.
- Not so commonly understood is how easy it is to damage your skin by over-cleansing, scrubbing, or using harsh drying or exfoliating products. Soaps, scrubs and harsh exfoliants can strip your face of its natural protection, resulting in dry, irritated skin and premature signs of aging.
- Dr.Hauschka Cleansing Cream using our signature “Press and Roll” method gently exfoliates, removing excess dirt, oil and makeup without disturbing the skin’s natural line of defense—the balance of oil and water on its surface layer known as the acid mantle.
- The activity of pressing and rolling encourages the lymph system’s cleansing functions , resulting in a clear, radiant complexion.
The highest quality ingredients make for the most effective products available.
- Every ingredient that goes into a Dr.Hauschka Skin Care preparation has an important job to do. Whether delivering essential moisture, encouraging resilience, improving efficacy or adding natural, aroma fragrance, each ingredient is carefully selected for its particular effects and its interaction with the whole composition.
- Hauschka manufacturer WALA Heilmittel has been studying and working with nurturing plant and mineral extracts since 1935. Over the decades they’ve developed an in-depth understanding of the way certain plants mirror specific skin functions and the manner in which each plant interacts with the skin to stimulate and support a toned, balanced and radiant complexion.
- We rely exclusively on healthy, ecologically and socially responsible sources for our ingredients. WALA Heilmittel supports sustainable, ecologically sound agricultural practices by obtaining as many of their ingredients as possible from certified Biodynamic and organic sources. Burkina Faso, Africa, WALA helped local women establish sustainable agriculture cooperatives to produce shea butter. Those cooperatives now provide all the certified organic shea butter WALA needs to manufacture its Dr.Hauschka Skin Care products.
- WALA owns and operates its own Biodynamic garden and farm, which provides a number of the ingredients used in its homeopathic remedies and the Dr.Hauschka Skin Care line. The vast majority of ingredients in the Dr.Hauschka Skin Care line are from Biodynamic and organic sources, and not a single ingredient comes from an organization involved in animal testing.
- Our natural botanical preservatives help keep products fresh without the use of chemical additives. In this way, we’re able to maintain the vitality of our Biodynamic and organic plant ingredients, delivering their nurturing, supportive qualities directly to you.
- Dr.Hauschka Skin Care has been 100% natural for over 40 years. Throughout 2011, Dr.Hauschka Skin Care products will begin displaying the mark of NATRUE certification, a new, international standard for natural and organic skin care.
- NATRUE certification ensures that a product has met the strongest criteria available for natural ingredients in cosmetics, as verified by an independent certifier.
- NATRUE is a non-profit, international association founded by the pioneers of natural and organic cosmetics.
Dr.Hauschka Skin Care manufacturer WALA Heilmittel is proud to recognize the NATRUE seal as a major advancement in establishing a natural and organic cosmetic certification that is internationally recognized, transparent and whose criteria is readily available to consumers worldwide. www.NATRUE.org.
In addition, All Dr.Hauschka Skin Care preparations are certified natural by the BDIH, an association of German product manufacturers whose “Guidelines for Natural Cosmetics” are amongst the most selective available. Following comprehensive independent testing and verification, BDIH certification is awarded exclusively to products that are free of synthetic preservatives, fragrances, colors, dyes and petroleum derived synthetics. www.kontrollierte-naturkosmetik.de.
How your skin is smart:
How Dr.Hauschka Skin Care is different from other skin care lines:
How a Dr.Hauschka Skin Care facial is different from other facials:
- The key to our facials lies in balance and rhythm—and Dr.Hauschka signature face and body treatments are designed to support both.
- Dr.Hauschka estheticians use rhythmic, caring touch to guide you to balance and serenity, supporting skin health by calming the mind and by stimulating lymph flow to promote its self-cleansing processes.
Combining the select botanical blends of Dr.Hauschka Skin Care preparations and the power of touch, Dr.Hauschka estheticians are able to support the skin’s natural processes of self-cleansing and renewal to bring forth your own inherent radiant beauty.
What does rhythm have to do with skin care?
All of life—all of nature—has rhythm. You experience it in the change of seasons, you see it in the changing tides of the oceans, you observe it in a flower that comes to bloom in the spring. We, as people, also have natural rhythms that keep us functioning. It’s the regular beating of our hearts, it’s the flow of blood through our veins—and it’s in the 28-day cycle of skin renewal.
When rhythm is followed and nurtured, plants, animals and humans can live in healthy, natural balance.
Dr. Rudolph Hauschka recognized the power of rhythm, and envisioned a way to use nature’s rhythms to capture the vital life forces of plants without the use of alcohol or artificial preservatives. This “rhythmical process” became the basis first for WALA’s remedies—and later for Dr.Hauschka Skin Care.
Our products are instilled with ingredients that possess the vitality they had in nature, maintaining the integrity of the plants and making our products uniquely effective.
Elisabeth Sigmund, pioneering esthetician and co-founder of the Dr.Hauschka Skin Care brand, recognized the importance of our skin’s natural rhythms.
- She recognized the 28-day cycle of renewal by which the skin was constantly recreating and balancing itself, and saw the connection between this rhythm and the rhythmic cycles of the moon
- Her unique skin care methods involved rhythmic touch to stimulate the skin and support vitality, radiance and balance
- Her signature Dr. Hauschka “press and roll” cleansing method is a rhythmical regimen that works with the properties of the Cleansing Cream to support skin health by gently removing dirt and oil while stimulating the skin, all without compromising the skin’s protective layer
- Together with Dr. Hauschka, she developed preparations to support the natural, rhythmic functions of the skin
Healthy rhythms create a state of balance, encouraging a return to skin health and bringing forth a radiant beauty. Rhythm is at the heart of our work at Dr.Hauschka Skin Care. From our Biodynamic growing and harvesting methods to our unique processing techniques, product formulation and signature treatments, rhythm remains the key.
Discover Dr. Hauschka at our kiosk at 210 on Long Mall, Cape Town or visit our website at http://www.earthbornbeauty.net.
Ruh for earthbornbeauty.net